Mission and Vision
The South Monterey County Joint Union High School District accepts the challenge of preparing students for a rapidly changing world. We provide the opportunity for all students to learn and succeed by promoting critical thinking and high academic standards in a caring, inclusive and safe learning environment. Our practices and policies are shaped by: respect, kindness, inclusivity, responsibility, accountability and honest and ethical behavior.
Core Belief Statements
The South Monterey County Joint Union High School District believes that all members of the school community should:
- Make decisions that are student-focused
- Value and treat all individuals with respect and dignity.
- Celebrate and embrace diversity and individuality.
- Create and maintain a safe, innovative and supportive learning environment where resources are allocated to support social-emotional well-being and student learning.
- Offer varied instructional approaches for each student to reach their full potential.
- Make every student a daily priority so they can become confident, independent learners.
- Empower, support and hold each other accountable in our roles in the educational process.
- Be focused on results and committed to making student learning our top priority.
- Foster a caring and positive environment for all to be better every single day.
- Demonstrate honest and ethical behavior.
The South Monterey County Joint Union High School District will work collaboratively with all members of the community to promote cooperation, collegiality, and passion for learning so all can achieve to their fullest potential. We will focus on the whole person academically, socially, and emotionally. We also work to ensure a safe and inclusive environment where all are inspired to communicate honestly to achieve our goals.